Playing online blackjack for real money has been a favourite pastime for Australian players since the card game was first introduced on the internet. A rather easy game to play, the object of the game is to build a hand closest to 21 as possible without going bust. All variants of the table game follow the same premise, which is great for beginners to learn.
Go through our in-depth guide to discover how to play blackjack online. Our tutorial features simple steps to follow for beginners, as well as tips on how to win at blackjack. You can practice different strategies playing online blackjack with friends before you move one to real money games. Once you have a good grasp of the game, you can choose any of our shortlisted blackjack casinos online with the best payouts below.
Best Real Money Online Blackjack Casinos in Australia
How to Find the Most Trusted Online Blackjack Sites?
Navigating the web to find a casino you can trust can be a scary place to be in. Luckily, our gambling experts have taken the liberty of rummaging through some of the top online blackjack casinos to check how they fare in our strict review process. Here’s a list of some of the aspects of the casino that you will need to take into consideration:
Casino Safety and Fairness
The first thing that players have to ensure is that the online casino they are playing at is licensed and regulated by a reputable gaming authority. The independent third party will provide fraud protection for Australian players and make sure that casino games are fair and random.
Blackjack Bonuses and Promotions
In order to extend your overall bankroll, top blackjack casino sites provide exclusive bonuses and promotions to players when they sign up. On some occasions, part of the welcome bonus package is free money with no deposit bonus required to play your favourite card games. Make sure you go through the terms and conditions to see how many times you need to play before you can withdraw your winnings.
Blackjack Game Collection
Before you sign up, make sure that the casino lobby has different versions of the table game available. You can choose to play live dealer blackjack and try your luck against a real-life croupier or simply play the different variants that run using RNG.
Casino Banking Methods
Once you have won your chips, you will need a payout method that allows you to withdraw your winnings instantly. Players should check the cashier page on their chosen casino online to see if it offers the payment methods they prefer.
Customer Service at Blackjack Casinos Online
For any issues that you may run into at the casino, it is important to have customer support around the clock. The best casino sites have 24/7 professional staff available to assist players via live chat, email and through their toll-free telephone line.
How to Play Blackjack Online
As a rule of thumb, it is recommended that players first try playing online blackjack for fun with friends just to familiarize themselves with the game and software. For beginners, this is more of a requirement than a suggestion. We have devised this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to play blackjack online and win.
- As already stated, online blackjack casinos have several variations of the card game. You need to select a blackjack game with simple enough rules you can follow.
- After you have picked the blackjack variation you want to play, you will be required to place a bet before the cards are dealt.
- Select the deal button and you will automatically receive two cards. The screen will also display the dealer’s cards and before the next card is dealt, you will be able to calculate the value of your hand.
- Thereafter, you have the option to either hit or stand. You will hit if the total is not as close to 21 as possible while a stand option means that you do not want to receive another card.
- The dealer will deal another round and the score will be compared. If both players haven’t hit 21 or go bust, another round of cards will be dealt.
- You will only win if you reach a total of 21 first or the dealer goes bust (the total value of cards exceeds 21).
Blackjack Rules for Beginners
Understanding the rules of the game is the fastest way to learn 21. The first thing you have to appreciate is that you don’t play against other players, you play against the house. That means that even if other players win, the game will continue between you and the dealer.
You can only win if you reach 21 or get as close as possible compared to the dealer’s hand. Here’s how the card values are ranked:
- Ace – can be either one or eleven, depending on the total value that your hand comprises of.
- Face Cards (King, Queen and Jack) – face cards are all worth 10.
- The remaining cards have the same value displayed on the card (2-10).
During the gameplay, players have four moves that they can make after receiving their cards:
- Hit – request to be dealt another card by the dealer.
- Stand – choose not to receive an additional card to remain with the same hand.
- Split – after receiving the first two cards, you can split the hand to make it two hands. You will need to place a bet similar to the original bet.
- Double Down – just after getting the first two cards, you can request one more card. But you will be required to double your bet.
How to Win at Blackjack
Now that you have a fairly good impression of how the game progresses and some of the moves you can make, you need to use a blackjack strategy that works in order to win. There are plenty of free blackjack strategy charts that you can use on the internet that provide useful tips on what to do after receiving certain cards. Here are the most common strategies that work for professional blackjack players:
- Splitting Pairs – if the first two cards you receive are the same value, players are encouraged to split the hands into two.
- Soft Totals – if one of the first two cards you get is an Ace, you have a soft hand.
- Hard Total – if none of the first two cards that you are dealt is an Ace, you have a hard hand.
- Late Surrender – once the dealer reveals that they don’t have blackjack, you have the option to surrender or hit.
Online Blackjack FAQs
Can you make money playing online blackjack?
Yes, you can make money playing online blackjack. The game has one of the lowest house edges in casino gambling. That means that players have a massive advantage of winning if they use a winning strategy.
Is it illegal to play blackjack online?
No, it is not illegal to play blackjack online at a licensed and registered casino site. Players must ensure that they play at a casino that is certified by a reputable authority to operate in Australia.
Do online casinos cheat blackjack?
No, online casinos do not cheat at blackjack. The casinos do not want to risk losing their gambling license or possibly paying a huge fine by rigging the game.
Can online blackjack be trusted?
Yes, online blackjack games are regularly tested by independent auditing agencies for fairness and random results. You can trust that the games are not rigged if you play at a casino that is licensed with reliable authorities.
Can you get rich from blackjack?
Yes, blackjack is one of the easiest games to play because it has the best odds of winning. The house edge in the blackjack game is 1%. This means that you have an overwhelming advantage of making money.
Is playing blackjack online worth it?
Yes, blackjack online is worth playing because it is much faster, and you can receive a blackjack bonus when you sign up at a top casino. Moreover, blackjack has great odds of winning, and it is easy to learn.
More Casino Games: