Online roulette is one of the most popular and classic table games. Its popularity is not only seen at land-based casinos but online too. What’s more, when you play online roulette for real money, you get to enjoy an array of great benefits, which include big wins and exclusive bonus offers.
Play roulette online at top Australian casino sites that we recommend to claim your bonus. Further below, we discuss everything you need to know about online roulette games, including the types of bets available and the most successful strategies to help you win!
Play Roulette Online in Australia
Playing Online Roulette Real Money
Playing online roulette for real money provides Australian players with great winning opportunities. When you sign up with the best roulette online casinos, you get to take advantage of exclusive bonus perks and exciting real money roulette games. There are many variants to choose from supplied by top-notch software providers such as iSoftBet, Quickspin, Betsoft, RTG, and NetEnt to name a few.
Online roulette is accessible and easy to play for both novice and seasoned players. Access online roulette casino games for real cash on your PC or play mobile roulette on your smartphone or tablet. The choice is yours!
Online Roulette Game Rules
The rules for online roulette are pretty simple and straight to the point. The goal for the game is to simply guess the number in which the small white ball will fall on the roulette wheel. There are different pockets (or segments) on the wheel consisting of numbers that may be in the same or different colors, columns and dozens.
There are also additional rules for the French variation which we discuss in the following section.
Best Online Roulette Games
Online roulette has several variants popular all over the world. Whether you are new to the online roulette gambling scene, you are sure to find a variant that you love. The most popular versions of online roulette that are available at Australian casinos include (but are not limited to) the following:
American roulette is the US version of roulette, and to be honest, it’s really not a bad option as some sites claim it to be. In fact, the game provides players with an opportunity to make some good money – hence it is still popular among players to date.
The only distinction between this variant and the others is that American roulette has the presence of both a 0 and 00 (making it a total of 38 pockets), while increasing the house edge to around 5.3%, which is slightly higher than the other variations.
The European roulette variant is the most popular, mainly because of its house edge of 2.6%, which is nearly half of what the American version has. In this game, there is a total of 37 pockets (1 – 36) and a single 0 space.
Double Ball Roulette
Some versions that take from European roulette include Double Ball Roulette which uses two balls instead of one. However, this variant is only offered at some casinos as an experiment and often has huge multipliers of up to 1300x your bet if both balls land on the same segment in a single spin.
French roulette is the oldest roulette game dating back to as far as the 17th century. The game features a single 0 segment and all of the same betting options as European roulette. The difference between French roulette and European roulette is that the former has a slightly different layout. The outside bets are placed a bit differently.
French roulette also incorporates the “la partage” and ‘’en prison’’ rules. If the ball lands on 0, the “la partage” bet pays half of your even-money bets. While “en prison’’ holds your bet “in prison” for one more spin, giving you another chance to win.
Online Roulette Live Games
Live online roulette works a little differently than the online counterpart. What’s more, this version of the game is favored by many players around the world as it allows you to interact with a real dealer and real-life players in real-time using a webcam and live chat.
In live roulette games, you watch the dealer throw in the ball (or press a button to release the ball), and the wheel stops under the laws of physics and elements of hance, whereas online roulette uses a random number generator.
How to Play Online Roulette
If you are new to the game and have been wondering “how do you play roulette online and win”, the trick is simple. What’s even great is that we also list the best Australian sites to play roulette online (if you scroll above). But before you do, here’s how you can play online roulette:
- Sign up with a favorite casino.
- Make a deposit (if you want to play for real cash).
- Choose the type of online roulette game you want to play and join a table.
- Place your chips on the numbers or segments you wish to bet.
- You win if the ball lands on the number or segment you have chosen, If not, you lose, and either way, the round ends.
Online Roulette Wheel and Table Layout
The online roulette wheel has two main categories of bets; inside and outside bets. Inside bets have a small probability of winning but come with bigger payouts. While outside bets have a higher chance of winning and smaller payouts.
Below we take a closer look at the online roulette table and the different types of bets available.
- Straight – A bet on any number. You can place your chips on a 0, 7 or 20. Straight bets in roulette pay 35:1.
- Split – Placing a single chip on two numbers that are next to each other. E.g. 1 and 2 or 10 and 13. Since you’re splitting your money between two possible numbers, the payout is 17:1.
- Street – Betting on numbers of the same row, for instance, 1, 2 and 3 or 7, 8 and 9. Street bets pay 11:1.
- Corner – This bet works similar to the split bet, but instead of two numbers, your bet is split between four numbers, on the ‘corner’ of each. This bet pays 8:1.
- Basket – also known as the first-four bet, this is where you bet on numbers 0, 1, 2, 3. The basket pays 6:1.
- Line/Double Street – Similar to the street, the double street covers two rows of three numbers. The payout for line bets is 5:1.
- Red/Black – Simply wagering on whether a red or black number will be the outcome. They’re highlighted on the table as “red” or black and pay 1:1.
- High/Low – Bet on whether the number to be drawn will be low (1-18) or high (19-36). High/low bets pay 1:1.
- Odd/Even – If whether an odd or even number will win. This bet also pays 1:1.
- Columns – Betting on a number within one of the three columns of twelve numbers. These are usually marked as column 1, column 2 and column 3 on the roulette table. The numbers that fall into the different columns are not in order. Columns pay 2:1 in roulette.
- Dozens – Dozens work similar to columns but in order. These are usually shown in on the roulette table as 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd Dozens also pay 2:1.
Call bets exist only on European and French roulette, and not every casino offers them. These types of bets get “called out” instead of players placing their chips on the table. These are bets where players get to gamble on credit and therefore are not legal in some countries.
- Voisins du Zero – Translates as “neighbors of zero”. This bet covers the numbers closer to 0 on the roulette wheel. Those are numbers between (while including) 22 and 25.
- Jeu Zero – The translation for this bet is “zero games” and covers bets of numbers most closest to 0, from 12 to 15.
- Tiers du Cylindre – stands for “thirds of the wheel”. The bet covers the twelve numbers on the opposite side of the roulette wheel between (while including) 27 and 33.
- Orphelins – numbers that are form part of the two slices of the wheel outside the Voisins and Tiers. Those are 9, 31, 14, 20, 1, 6, 34 and 17.
Beat Online Roulette By Knowing the Odds and Probability
Online roulette is a fast-paced table game with incredible payouts, as you may have read in our previous section. But, where do players stand in terms of making a profit? The table below shows online roulette odds and probability for the different variations. Now you don’t have to wonder “can you really win at online roulette”.
|Bet Type||American Roulette Odds||European and French Roulette Odds|
|4 Number Combination||10.5%||10.8%|
|3 Number Combination||7.9%||8.1%|
|2 Number Combination||5.3%||5.4%|
|Straight Bet/ Single Number||2.60%||2.70%|
Free Online Roulette
The best casino sites in Australia allow players to play roulette online free. What this means is that you can try out a free roulette game online at a real casino without having to deposit any money. Whether you are looking to play French roulette online or the American counterpart, you can with a zero balance in your casino account!
Best Online Roulette Strategy and Tips to Win
Online roulette strategies are useful to help you win some money. However, you cannot depend on them to win all the time. In fact, this is impossible as we all know “the house always wins”. Below are some online roulette tips and tricks to improve your chances of winning.
- Learn the rules of the game – Online roulette can be a bit complex but at the same time exciting than you would know by just looking at it. However, it is important that you read through the rules of the game and understand them before you can play.
- Read online roulette Australia reviews – There is nothing better than playing roulette at a trustworthy and licensed casino. Why? Because when you play at reputable sites, you don’t get to lose your hard-earned money like you would at bogus sites. The bonuses and payouts are also guaranteed. So, always read reviews and choose the best online casino to play roulette.
- Claim online roulette bonus offers – Bonus offers are a great way to earn some extra spins. Free spins are not just for pokies. Some casinos also offer spins for online roulette to both new sign-ups and loyal roulette players.
If you are looking for roulette betting systems from experts instead, you can do some reading on the guides we provide on our site.
FAQs about Roulette Online
Is online roulette legal in Australia?
Absolutely! Playing online roulette in Australia is not illegal if you do so at a licensed casino site.
What’s the best online roulette?
European roulette is the best game with favorable odds of
Can you win money playing roulette?
Of course! You can win loads of real money playing roulette. However, in order to win, you need to make the right bets, and of course, the higher you bet, the more you win.
What is the safest bet in roulette?
The safest bet in roulette are the outside bets; red/black, odd/even, high/low, columns and dozens. These are easy to get right, but the payouts for them are relatively lower.
Does roulette have a strategy?
Yes. There are a couple of strategies as well as betting systems available for online roulette that have proven to increase the chances of winning.
What numbers hit the most in roulette?
There are no given numbers that hit the most in roulette. However, players can always check statistics for hot and cold numbers during a roulette session to make informed bets.
Can you cheat on roulette?
Online roulette cannot be cheated by either the player or the casino, primarily because legal roulette casinos are regulated, and their games are continually audited to ensure fairness
More Casino Games: