South Australia casinos are some of the best places to play your favorite casino games. Although the state may seem limited with only SkyCity Adelaide Casino on sight, there is actually plenty of choice for gamblers.
Here we list all the best casinos in South Australia to play online and offline. Whether you are in the buzzing capital of Adelaide, Mount Gambier, Berri, Mounta or anywhere in between, you can still play at your fingertips. Find out what your options are and the gambling laws of South Australia!
Top Online Casinos in South Australia
South Australia Interesting Facts
- Nickname – The Festival State
- Population – 1.7 million (in Sep 2020)
- Capital – Adelaide
- It’s known as the home to Kangaroo Island and the finest wine
- It’s the fourth largest Australian state and territory by area
- SA residents are sometimes called ‘crow eaters’
- Coober Pedy mine is the largest producer of opals in the world
Popular Casinos in South Australia
There is currently one land-based casino in South Australia and two racecourses; Morphettville Racecourse and Oakbank Racecourse. Although you can watch horses there, you can’t play your favorite casino games. You can do this by visiting SkyCity Casino or playing at South Australia online casinos.
SkyCity Adelaide Casino
SkyCity is one of the biggest and sole licensed casinos in Adelaide, South Australia. The brick-and-mortar site is operated by the SkyCity Entertainment Group and regulated by the Independent Gambling Authority and Liquor and Gambling Commissioner.
Online Gambling Laws in South Australia
South Australia also adheres to the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001, which is the law governing interactive gambling in the country. According to the law, online poker and casino operators cannot operate within the borders of South Australia.
However, this left many offshore operators with an open opportunity, as they were willing to compensate for a lack of specific forms of gambling. Today, several online poker rooms and gaming operators in South Australia offer great gambling content.
Additionally, there is the South Australia Casino Act of 1997 which deals with the regulation of live casinos. This act ensures that they comply with the law from a procedure standpoint.
Best Live Casinos in South Australia
SkyCity Casino is dubbed the best land-based casino (although it’s the only place) to play pokies and table games in South Australia. The casino boasts over a thousand gaming machines and 100 table games including blackjack, craps and roulette.
SkyCity Adelaide sits on 130 000-square foot and is in line for a revamp worth $350 million. With that being said, the establishment can benefits from the thriving casino market in the country.
Finding the Best South Australia Casino Online
The legality of online casinos in South Australia is in a grey area at the moment, as the restrictions address local operators. However, by following the legal procedures, casinos and sports betting sites can be granted licenses to operate in the state. Therefore, there is plenty of choice for gambling enthusiasts.
However, before you play at a gambling website in South Australia, you need to ensure that it is reputable. For your convenience, we have vetted the best South Australia casinos you can play. Below are some of the important factors that we look at:
- Security – the most important aspect of playing anywhere is to ensure that the place is safe and secure. The sites that we list are all licensed and regulated by independent authorities to provide you with the best gambling experience. They are also certified by third-party sites that regularly audit their games.
- Top games – what’s a casino without games? Nothing! Hence, we only recommend sites with a range of casino games for you to choose from. These games include hundreds to thousands of pokies, table games, lotteries and other specialty games.
- Banking options – funding your casino account and withdrawing should be without hassle. That is why, one top consideration when choosing a casino site includes the banking page with safe and secure banking options.
- Bonus – most casinos offer bonuses as a way of thanking players for signing up with them. Look out for such special promotions to boost your bankroll and potentially win more. By scrolling above you will see how much each of the casinos we recommend offers to new players. Pick your favourite and sign up to claim your bonus!
Southern Australia Casino FAQs
Does South Australia have a casino?
Yes, South Australia has a casino, and that is SkyCity Adelaide.
Does Adelaide have a casino?
Yes, Adelaide has SkyCity Casino.
Is the new Adelaide Casino open?
There is no new Adelaide casino due to open.
How many casinos are there in Adelaide?
There is only one casino in Adelaide and two racecourses.
How old is Adelaide Casino?
Adelaide Casino is 36 years old in 2021.
Who owns SkyCity?
The Sky City Entertainment Group.
What year did Adelaide Casino open?
What is the legal gambling age in South Australia?
More Australian States: